Tuesday 7 February 2012

Questionnaire results - Graphs


These are the first 4 graph results form my questionnaire researching my target audience. 'What genre of music do you like?' graph tells me that the top 3 most prefered music genre for my target audience is Rock, Pop, and R'n'B. Therefore, my magazine will be focused towards these three genres of music. From my graph 'Do you prefer a music magazine with a mixed genre?' tells me that I have a choice of whether to have a mixed genre or not as the results are equal for with and without a mixed genre. From my results i can see that the main attraction for the majority of my audience is the band/artist on the front cover, therefore I will be perticularly careful when choosing my band/artsist and the way inwhich they are placed on my front cover as this is going to attract the majority of my audience to my music magazine.


My colour scheme will consist of three main colours and these will be the top three colours that were prefered from my results, these are black, blue and red. This is because from my results I can see that the three most prefered colours by my audience for a music magazine are these three colours and therefore these colours should be the most effective for my magazine where my audience is conserned. My question 'Do you like music festivals, conserts/gigs?' showed that where not everyone aswered this question, a high majority of my sample answered 'yes' to this question and therefore this gives me information on what i can include within my magazine. A coverline on festivals and concerts would therefore possibly attract my audinece to buy my magazine. From my results I can also see that the majority of my audinece would also be interested in a magazine if there was a brand or album review or an interview, therefore this could be another base for a coverline on the front of my music magazine. Again from my results I can see that the majority of my audience woud not be inclinded to buy a music magazine if it came with a competition, although a small amount would be more incline, therefore I may include this if I have time after other part however it is not one of the nessassery things to be included at the majority of my sample said that the would not be more incline.


From these reults I can see that the majority of my audience would be willing to pay £2.50 for a music magazine. Although the second most prefered price is £1, there were more people in total that were willing to be £3 and £3.50. Therefore I think that £2.50 would be a suitable price for my music magazine. These results also show that the most prefered name for my music magazine, out of a range of names, is 'Mixbeat' therefore as this is the majority choice this is the name that I will be going with for the name of my magazine. These graph results show that for my contents page the majority of my sample prefer the text to be to the left side of a contents page. As this is what the majority prefer this where the text for my contents page will be positioned. They also give my information on the prefered amount images placed on the page, therefore my contents page will consist of 2-4 images.

These graphs show more information for my contents page. These 4 graphs show that the majority of my audience prefer the image and text to be inline, however, there is a high percentage, although not as high, do prefer the image and text not to be inline. Nevertheless where i will consider all my results for all my questions, my magazine will be focused on the majority results of ech question. These results also tell me that the majority think that both text and the images on the contents page are equally important and there should be an equal amount of text and images on the contents page. Therefore I will try not to make one stand out more than the other. From my results I can see that the majority prefer a contents page to be ordered by numbers and therefore this is the way inwhich my contents page will be ordered.

These graphs show that the majority prefer the overall layout of the contents page to be neat and organised, therefore this will be the overall layout of my contents page. These graphs also start to give me information for preferences for my double page spread. They show tell me that the majoirty prefer the image for a double page spread to one page for one image, however the majority also prefer there to be more than one image on a double page spread. This idicates to me that they prefer one main image taking up half of the double page spread as well as a smaller image not taking up as much space. The graphs imform me that the majority also prefer the heading of a double page spread to be across the top of both pages, however, there is also a high percentage that prefer the heading to take up a quater of one page. Although I will be go with the majority amount as this is the majority of what my target audience prefer.


These last three graphs give me more information about my double page spread. These show me that the majority prefer a double page spread to be an interview rather than an article. However, a few of my sample did not answered thus question and therefore is not completly reliable, however, the total of the unanswered and article answeres together would still not be more than the majority that prefer an interview. Therefore my double page spread will be an interview. Again like the contents page, the majority prefer there to be an equal amount of images to the amount of text that there is. Therefore again I will try not to make one stand out more than the other. My question 'What colour do you prefer for an article/interview title?' shows that there are three equal answers. These are red, blue and other. However, the other option consisted of 2 purple answers, 2 yellow answers, 1 pink answer and a housestyle answer. Therefore after removing this as one of the majority colours I am left with red and blue. Therefore since one of my earlier asnwers on what colours the prefer to see in a music magazine was black, white and blue, for this answer I will take the answer blue as the majority as this will fir my housesyle colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment